Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Brenna turns 6!!!

Well we had an entire weekend of celebration for Brenna's birthday, but she did really finally turn six on Monday! I surprised her with breakfast in bed (even though she had to get back in bed when I walked in!). She had school that morning and wanted to take a snack to share with her friends. We decided on pink and blue rice krispie treats. My parents left that morning and we gave her our joint gift of a new bedspread. I saved a few gifts for her to open after dinner as a family. I needed a day to recover after the party so it was nice to have a slow day to spend with her. We went shopping that evening to spend the birthday money burning a hole in her pocket! She did very well and chose Connect Four, a movie, and a mermaid doll. I sang happy birthday to her that evening, just her and I, and I cried through the entire thing! It finally hit me that my baby girl was six!























2 comments:

  1. Oh Shawn! You had me crying too! You are such a great mommy and you have such beautiful baby girls! Here's to many more happy, healthy years! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. She is one lucky girl to have you for a mommy!!

    ReplyDelete