Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer fun (without Daddy) :-(

Well the girls and I have been trying to stay busy while Ben is still in Texas. I found out that the pool on base is free all summer so we went there the other night and had a blast. I never came to base much when we lived here before, and it's nice to be able to enjoy it now that we are closer. I set up the little pool and water table the other day too. I thought Natalie would really love it, but she still seemed a little more interested in eating grass!

We have an itty bitty "garden" that Brenna is so proud of. I can't wait to do a real one next year. My dad used to farm and he already said he would help us. We have a tomato plant, green pepper plant, basil, and two question mark plants (they were here when we moved in and I'm thinking it's squash!)

Lastly we went to the neatest park ever! It's called Orchardly and it's in Oakwood. I had never been to it before and it was just so fun I wish I would have worn my suit. They have a sprinkler area, sand area, and the neatest play equipment I've ever seen. I'm sure we'll be back many times and I'll have to get some pics of the equipment if you guys haven't seen it.

I got Brenna signed up for soccer again for the fall. She is going to be playing on base this time. I'm looking forward to watching some games in the cool weather this time too! There will be pics to follow soon!


Headed to the pool with my girls!
Natalie interested in the water table for a minute anyway!




Brenna with our "garden"
Natalie trying to figure out the sprinkler




Orchardly Park




Natalie played in the sprinkler too, but I forgot my camera in the car and didn't get it until later. I'll get some of her next time!











2 comments:

  1. Hey Babe,

    Just checking in from San Antonio. I love te pictures of the girls! The house is looking good and I like the lanscape work that you and your parents did after I left. I love you and I'll see you soon. Give the girs a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at how much fun they're having! I love your backyard ~ it looks huge! And your garden...oh my gosh! :) Brenna looks SO proud! I cannot belive how much Natalie seems to have changed already and that parks looks totally AWESOME! Glad you're already exploring fun new areas of town! Keep the pictures comin'!

    ReplyDelete