Friday, August 6, 2010

Busy busy

Sorry that I have been slacking on the blog. We have been very busy the last month or so. We have had lots of friends and family come and visit, and we have been traveling a little as well. Ben only has about 4 weeks left of this quarter. He is doing really well, and is trying to narrow his topic for his dissertation. We can't believe there is only one more quarter of classes after this! He will be totally into his research after Christmas!

Brenna has had a great summer. She got to stay with grandparents for a week in Indiana, attended vacation bible school, went to church camp for the first time, lost 5 teeth, and has been enjoying lots of play dates! She is very excited about starting school. We received her supplies about a month ago, and it was like Christmas morning. There are so many exciting materials and new things to learn. She started soccer and will also be in gymnastics for the first time this fall. She has really changed over the last year or so. She is getting so big and really maturing.

Natalie is doing great too. She is as busy as ever, but has really turned into a sweet little cuddle buddy. She is really growing more interested in being read to and reading her books. She is so good about playing by herself, and loves her baby dolls and ponies. She got to have some alone time with Daddy while Brenna and I were away for a few days in Tennessee visiting friends. They took a trip to see the grandparents so it was nice for her to have some one on one time with them as well. She has 2 of two year molars, and has been a lot happier since they emerged. I still find it comical that one child is losing teeth and the other is still getting them! Natalie can be such a challenge and such a joy! She is still just a little peanut, but I love every ounce of her!

I have really enjoyed the summer too. It's been really hot, and I will say I am looking forward to fall though. I am so thankful to have lots of time with the family, and Ben and I have been able to enjoy quite a few date nights. I thoroughly enjoyed my girls weekend to Tennessee. It's nice being blessed with some wonderful friends!

The girls and I have really enjoyed all the parks around town this year. We were still trying to get settled in last summer so it was nice to have lots of time this year to explore. I am getting excited about beginning homeschooling, but I am also really nervous! We will have about three weeks of school before our big family vacation to Florida this September. I can't wait!

I have to get better about taking pictures! I will leave you with a few cute ones of my Dad and Natalie on their last visit to our house. We call him Papaw and she can now say his name, which is so cute and of course a joy for my dad!



Both of them saying cheese!


No comments:

Post a Comment