Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brenna's 1st day of kindergarten!!!

Well the day is finally here. Brenna's first day at kindergarten. How did it go so quickly? I have to be honest this has been a year of praying, stressing, and hoping we make the right decision on whether we should send Brenna to public school or home school her. I tossed and turned a lot last night and even shed some tears talking to Ben about her growing up, and what this next phase in our lives mean. Brenna of course did awesome! I even let her ride the bus to school which she loved. I was really anxious about doing it, and when the huge bus rolled up I had quite a few butterflies in my stomach! I held it together until the bus drove away and then I went in the house and sat down on the couch and cried. Natalie was asleep so it was nice to have a moment to myself, and then it was nice to have her to hold to fill the emptiness of Brenna leaving this morning. I know it may sound silly to be so emotional about half day kindergarten, but this really is and was a huge deal to me. I love my children more than life itself and only want to make the best decisions to help them in life. I know God is with us and will continue to help us decide what is best.

They stagger kindergarten here so Ben and I were able to visit with her for an hour at school and there were only about 6 other students with her today. The entire class will be together on Friday and then the regular schedule begins next week. I can't wait for all the fun activities, learning, parties, and stories in the year to come!





Waiting for the bus which she asked me about 100 times "Is the bus coming yet?!"































































1 comment:

  1. Wow, I cannot imagine how hard it must be to let her go! You did well though, mom! She looks so cute in her first day outfit! I love the skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete